Serco Asia Pacific (ASPAC) Partner with Kinaway!
Serco Asia Pacific (ASPAC) has been operating for more than 30 years across Australia with a proven track record delivering the most demanding, complex, and sensitive solutions for government clients. Employing around 16,000 people in the ASPAC region, we apply world’s best practice, insights, and technology across key sectors: Justice; Health; Facilities Management; Citizen Services; Immigration; Defence and Transport.
Serco are active in holding themselves to the standard set in their current RAP plan (2020 – 2021). Some of the activities and goals they’ve accomplished include:
- Providing staff volunteers to support the Indigenous not-for-profit organisation Real Futures to deliver employment and business support workshops for women
- Implementing our new Real Support Network model in the Justice sector, which places Indigenous community support organisation as integrated delivery partners rather than as external providers
- Participating in events created by Babana Aboriginal Men’s Group, a prominent provider of services in Sydney. Serco’s contribution includes providing representatives to employment information days and participation in monthly events
- Implementing a detailed Aboriginal Cultural Guide within Serco operations
- Increasing online cultural awareness training completion rate for people leaders, progressing from around 30 percent to over 80 percent participation
- Co-branding meeting rooms with both their common geographic name and their traditional name in Indigenous language in our corporate office
- Updating the company’s Meeting Guidelines to incorporate an Acknowledgement or Welcome to Country
- Celebrating major Indigenous events, such as NAIDOC week and Reconciliation week.
- Implementing Serco’s First Nations Employment Hub, a program that has included establishing identified First Nations people roles, appointing a dedicated Indigenous Talent Acquisition specialist, and delivering targeted employment campaigns, including a jobs website
- Sponsorship of a psychology scholarship, delivered in partnership with the Westerman Jilya Institute for Indigenous Mental Health and Curtin University. The program supports First Nations students with connections to remote and rural communities to study psychology, with the aim of providing more Indigenous psychologists to support high-risk communities.
- During the last 2 years, increasing our total weighted average procurement spend in Australia from around 1 percent to over 2 percent from our Indigenous businesses supply chain.
Serco’s objective is to support reconciliation through equity and equality and we view partnering with Kinaway as a key component to allow us to identify and partner with Victorian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.
Kinaway member businesses will benefit from the partnership between Serco and Kinaway, by having the opportunity to work as either suppliers or subcontractors to Serco – in the delivery of essential services to our government customers. Serco hopes to equally benefit from Kinaway’s partnership by working together to identify Victorian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses with whom we can undertake business either as suppliers and or subcontractors.
Find out more about our new partner, via their website! www.serco.com/aspac