The success of the Strategic Partnership Program can be determined by its ability to remove barriers, close the gap by facilitating opportunities, and increase Indigenous economic participation and self-determination. The end result is a powerful legacy that continues to influence communities and businesses.
Kinaway will facilitate the introductions of the Corporate Partners with the potential Indigenous business owners. We will screen applicants on both sides, to ensure the candidates bring something meaningful to the table.
On the successful matching of partners with potential business owners, Kinaway will run workshops on four capacity building topics to assist with the development of their business plans and strategies.
Kinaway will then facilitate confidential monthly catch ups for the Indigenous business to track milestone progress of the business towards operational commencement, and the partners will attend bimonthly.
The created business will be 100% owned, managed and controlled by the Indigenous founder. The Corporate Partner will be there to support the growth and development of the business to allow it to have the necessary capacity and capability to operate and function into the future.
- Corporate Partners will identify service providers that are required for their projects on an ongoing basis.
- Kinaway will seek Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are
- Already in business but still in their infancy or looking to scale; or
- Looking to start a business from scratch.
- Kinaway will introduce the Corporate Partners and potential business owners to share expectations of what will be provided by the partnership.
- The Corporate Partner will then work with the Indigenous business owner to prepare a business plan and to put in place the necessary structure the business will need to succeed.
- The Indigenous business will commence providing a service to the partner for their project/s, and beyond.